Rewind can automatically backup and restore your store's Stencil Theme(s).
***Please note that BigCommerce does not provide the necessary API needed to access and backup Blueprint Templates/Themes. As such, Rewind cannot backup and/or restore Blueprint Themes.***
If an existing customer, you will need to provide authorization for Rewind to have the ability to view and modify your themes if you've not already done so. You need to do this to enable theme backups. We need permission to view Themes in order to back them up, as well as permission to modify them in order to restore them.
This can be done directly by opening up your Rewind app plugin from the Admin section of your dashboard, or by visiting our app listing and then clicking "Update". Simply authorize permission by clicking "Confirm", and Rewind will then be able to start backing up your Themes.
To Restore your theme follow these steps:
- Log into the Rewind app and on the main Vault Page click the "Filter" button and select 'themes' from the list. Click the deleted content box if this is a theme you deleted.
- Find your theme in the list of available themes, (or search for it using the search bar) and select "View Versions" beside it
- Select the version you want to restore to from the drop down menu. The drop down contains all the dates we backed up your theme. If you don't see the specific date you want to roll back to, choose the next available one.
- Once you've chosen a version click "Restore to this version" to begin the restore of your theme.
- Once the restore is completed you will have to enable this theme in your theme library to push it to the 'live' version.