When you rewind a BigCommerce product, you're rewinding the product to a previous state, or bringing back a deleted product. Here's what happens to the information in the product:
- Product details including the Title, Description, Prices, SKUs are all restored to the way they were.
- When rewinding a deleted product, all the product reviews are added to the product. Regardless of which version of the product you're rewinding to (even if the reviews happened after that date), all the reviews are added back to the product. If you're updating a product, the reviews aren't changed.
- The product is added to the category / categories it was in at the date / time you're rewinding to. If the category / categories don't exist, they will be created. If they have been renamed, the product will be added to the category / categories with the new name.
- SEO information is not yet saved or rewinded.
- The product ID is changed when you rewind a deleted product. This may impact other services / integrations that rely on the product ID.
- As Rewind operates using BigCommerce's V3 API (which doesn't support Option Sets, as BigCommerce intends to faze them out in the future), Rewind cannot backup and/or rewind your products' Option Sets. We do, however, backup and rewind your Options themselves. When rewinding a product with Option Sets, we get rid of the Option Set itself and attach the Options contained within it directly to the product.
- As Rewind can currently only backup your Complex Rules but not rewind them within your app's UI, rewinding a product with Complex Rules could result in those rules being wiped from the version you're restoring it back to. Should you have many Complex Rules that you absolutely cannot lose, we recommend contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org before rewinding a product, to see if we can manually assist you with this task.