This guide will help you navigate copying your QuickBooks Online file to an empty shellWhen you sign up for the Rewind platform - you have the ability to copy some of your data to a new account. The steps below will walk you through that process.
- Login to Rewind or sign up for a free 7-day trial of Rewind Backup: https://app.rewind.io/users/sign_up
- Connect the QBO file you wish to copy from (the source file) to your Rewind account. (Click here for a step by step guide on how to link your QBO account)
- Once connected, the file will begin to backup which can take from 20 minutes up to a couple of hours depending on how large your QBO file is. You will know the backup has completed once the button no longer shows as backup in progress.
- In QuickBooks Online, create a new empty file in QBO which will be the destination file for your copy (ensure you name the file something different from the source file before connecting it to Rewind).
- Connect the new empty file to Rewind and wait for it to fully backup.
- When you're ready to copy click the "Copy Data" tab from the main page of Rewind.
- Select the source file from your account list that you wish to copy from,
NOTE: Your source file will automatically be selected as this is the account you are currently in.
- Select the destination file you wish to copy to.
- Click the “START” button at which point we will compare the settings of your source file and destination file to determine if there are any changes required before attempting a copy. If there are any changes required you will be notified of which changes to make. If there are no changes required the copy process will begin and can take up to a couple of hours to complete.
- Once completed you will receive an email notification with a report on how your copy went and any details on items that may require manual intervention if any.