The store(s) responsible for payment in Replay is dependent upon which of our two plans you're subscribed to:
1. For the Pay As You Go plan (though all stores must be subscribed), only the store(s) being copied from will ever be charged. Stores being copied to (destination stores) are always free.
2. For the monthly Unlimited plan, all stores will need to be subscribed to this plan and provide payment each month.
***For customers who are also using our backup app, Rewind, we can provide a discount so that any and all master stores (stores being copied from) will be refunded in full and then placed on our Free plan going forward. As part of this discount, only stores being copied to will be charged each month.***
"How do I know which plan to subscribe to?"
Deciding which paid plan you should subscribe your stores to is dependent upon your use-case and intentions with Replay:
If you only intend to make a one-time copy or intermittent copies, you should subscribe any and all stores being copied to/from to our Pay As You Go Plan.
If you intend to make many copies, wish to setup a continuous, ongoing copy, and/or wish to copy Product Metadata, you'll need to subscribe any and all stores being copied to/from to our Unlimited plan.
***Note: Stores on one plan will NOT be able to be associated and copy to/from stores on the other plan. Only PAYG stores will be able to be associated with each other, and copied to/from. The same applies to stores on the Unlimited plan.***
"What if I need to copy from dev to live, but my dev store is not on a paid Shopify plan?"
That is fine - it'll just require a bit of manual intervention from our team. However, one thing to note is that in order to copy from dev to live, you will need to subscribe your stores to our monthly Unlimited plan. We can not make the necessary changes if on the Pay As You Go plan.
1. Simply subscribe both stores to the Unlimited plan and ensure that payment has been authorized within your live store.
2. Contact us at email@example.com to let us know that this has been done, and that you need to be able to copy from dev to live.
3. We can then manually switch your store's subscriptions from our end of the system, so that your dev store can be the one copied from.
"What if BOTH of my stores are dev stores, and neither are on paid Shopify plans yet?"
Not a problem! In a case like that, we can work with you to bill you directly each month.
Once the first month's payment has been received for all respective stores (which we would setup with you), all you'll need to do is make sure the app is installed into both stores, and that both stores are already subscribed to our plan.
From there, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know these steps have been completed, and we'll then manually set up your stores so that they can properly use Replay.